Monday, December 01, 2008

Get Up, Stand Up

Last week I left my daughter on the floor of her bedroom to play with some toys while I ran upstairs and tossed in a load of laundry. I do this a lot. She crawls around a little, plays with toys, torments the dog, who is never too far away, but never too close either. She may get her legs stuck under the crib, or find her way to the remote control for the stereo. Nothing too crazy.

This time though, when I popped my head into her room a few minutes later to see what she was up to, I found her doing this:


OMFG.

I'm not sure that she really understood what the big deal was because when I started to scream and cry and dive around madly for the camera, all the while mumbling to myself about "dropping down the crib mattress" and "great now I have to move the liquor bottles to higher ground," she just stood there and stared at me like this:

5 comments:

Cass. Just Curious said...

When I saw this picture I thought to myself OMFG. Lexi is rolling. I thought I had a good 8 weeks until rolling. But she's rolling. A lot. And everywhere. She rolls until she hits a "dead end" life as I knew it is over.

And also - can I ask where you got that sleeper? It's very cute and not pink...I'm looking for things that are not pink. Because if I have more pink in this house we'll all start to turn pink.

Gallis said...

Heh! She's on a roll!

Beaches said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beaches said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beaches said...

Hey Cass - I left you some suggestions for where to find sleepers, only to realize afterwards that you are in the states!

Don't know where that particular sleeper is from (it was a gift) but I do know that Carter's makes lovely sleepers for girls in many colours other than pink. I have some that are purple, green and yellow.