Monday, August 29, 2005

Summertime and the livin' is easy.

Um. No it isn't.

This has been a crazy summer filled with "stuff to do" and "places to go" and "houses to move into."

Not just for me, either, but for everyone that I know. What this means for Beaches' Speeches is thrice-fold:

1. It's not getting written. I'm too busy and the weather is too awesome to spend time inside being thoughtful and, well, literate.

2. It's not being read anyway. Practically everyone that I know is either getting married, moving, traveling, having babies or bringing home new puppies. These busy friends are all I've got by way of readers. Hey you three, sorry for not writing.

3. Finally, it means that there is a lot of material being collected and a lot of stuff to fill you in on. Good things come to those who wait. There, how literary was that?

Okay. So give me just a little while longer. I have to pack, go to the cottage, pack some more, move, settle in... then I'll write. It seems like a lot, but it's all happening like right now, so really it's not that far away.

I just know your breath is baited. Peace out.

No comments: