Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Monkey

Why Can't You Do It?
Why can't you set your monkey free?
Always giving in to it -
Do you love the monkey or do you love me?
Why can't you do it?
Why do I have to share my baby with a monkey?
Don't look now
There's a monkey on your back -
Don't look now
There's a monkey on your...



That's right. We strapped a stuffed monkey to our dog's back and laughed our fucking asses off for a good 5 - 10 minutes. Some may call it mean spirited. Around here, we call it "GTs."

I'm sure he came away from the whole experience more fulfilled for having given his people some seriously good belly laughs. I promise we made every effort to pretend that we were not laughing at him, but by the looks of his unfurled curly pug tail, I don't think he was buying our bluff. Bad people.

Also, I can't believe I remember the lyrics to this post's name sake. Seriously, this was my favourite song for at least a year. It got to the point where my mom had to knock on my door and ask me to, "Please play another song. Any song. Maybe some more of the gangster rap. You still like the gangster rap, don't you?"

1 comment:

TransientTales said...

Oh MOMO!!!!!!