Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Greatest Love Of All

Today is a big day.

Approximately once a month (okay maybe twice a month) since I gave birth I have reached into the depths of my closet and pulled out my favourite pair of Seven for All Man Kind jeans. And every month since I gave birth, this event has ended with me throwing said jeans across the room and falling in a crumpled ball of tears and agony onto my bedroom floor and then moping around the house for the rest of the day, until in utter frustration and dismay I finally reach into the freezer and polish off the tub of Chapman's Dutch Chocolate frozen yogurt that is always there "in case of emergency."

That is until today! Today I decided to try them out again and this time, not only did they not get stuck half way up my thighs as per usual, but they slid right on and zipped up with ease! And I'm talking WITHOUT the help of my Spanx. They are on RIGHT NOW and I'm never taking them off ever ever ever again. They are snug, don't get me wrong. They make my ass look like a Mack Truck. But they are on and I love them and it is the second greatest day of my entire life.

The first greatest day? Of course it was the day that my daughter was born. Mostly because it meant I wasn't pregnant any more.

3 comments:

Cass. Just Curious said...

I am so over being pregnant that I started getting out some "real" clothes last night. Jeans for inspiration if you will. It will be many a session to get back into them and I will probably have the exact same reaction as you have had. What a fantastic day!

TransientTales said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I can't do mine up yet. Guess I should stop with the bags of cookies eh?)

Unknown said...

LOL - do you remember when I posted about my visit to the office and commented that I don't fit in my jeans and you said something like "whatever..." - now you know the feeling :) haha