Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dress You Up in My Love


I'm not sure when or why I started to refer to my unborn baby as the "little chicken" but I think it has something to do with The March of the Penguins. Bare with me here. When I saw that movie I started referring to the baby penguins (who, by the way are the cutest creatures ever to have lived) as "chickens".

As in, "Oooohhhh... look at those little chickens... I love those chickens." To which my husband promptly responded, "Cut it out with the voice. And those are not chickens." Heh.

Since then I've associated the term "chicken" not with a spicy stir fry or a delicious roasted delicacy, but with something endearing and unbelievably adorable. Hense, calling my soon-to-be-babe "little chicken".

Anyway, was perusing Martha Stewart's site the other day (hate her and love her, love to hate her) and I found the image you see above. And it suddenly hit me. At this time next year I could be preparing to dress up my little chicken for Halloween... AS A LITTLE CHICKEN!

I don't know what my point is exactly, except that, you know, holy crap.

No comments: